Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hot Wheels Ferrari 550 Barchetta

This model is proof to me that if you want to buy a Ferrari make it red. Nothing wrong with car but it would look so much better in the traditional color of Ferrari. The reason why I have it in black is that I found it for a very nice price on a auction web site :-)

The detail of the Hotwheels model is really amazing, from the detailed engine to the interior. I think that today's model builders have it easy when it comes to the engines because modern cars engine are covered in acres of plastic but on this on you can actual see the spark-plug wires etc.

The 550 was a return for Ferrari in some sense to it's root's, a V12 Grant tourer. The last such Ferrari was the Daytona (I'm excluding the 456 because it has four seats).  The Barchetta was strictly a sunny day car, if you wanted the roof on you had to get out and put it on yourself. Only 448 Barchetta's was made, originally 444 was planned but the number had a bad meaning apparently for the Japanese.

What I love about this car: The quality of interior and that cream looks so good.






No comments:

Post a Comment